I enjoy being a Google Street View Trusted Photographer. It allows me to meet and help small business owners I may never have met otherwise. One of the great benefits of having a photo (or full tour) on Google Street View is the ability to embed it on your own website.
This post will show you exactly how to do that on your own website. You might have had me do a tour, had someone else do a tour, or done one yourself. These instructions will work with any 360 photos posted on Google Maps.
- Go to Google.com/maps and do a search for the location you want to embed.
- Now find the 360 image you want to start with and set the view in your browser exactly how you want it to look when on your site.
- Click on the three dots next to the location name and select “share or embed image”
- Click on the “Embed Image” tab.
- Highlight and copy the iframe code.
- Paste it on your website where you want it to go.
If you are pasting the code into part of a WordPress website make sure you are in the “Text” editing tab when you do. If you paste the code in the “Visual” editing tab it will not work properly.
- [Optional] Switch the width setting to “100%” so it fits best in a standard website template with columns.
I hope this quick tutorial was helpful. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions please feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Want to book me to shoot a Google 360 Tour for your location? Let me know!